Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Welcome to Bnai Noah!

I am so glad you found me! I have been hoping to create an online community for Bnai Noah, (children of Noah), also known as Noahides, for quite some time.

My children and grandchildren are Bnai Noah. As a result of my own journey to Judaism, my daughter and son-in-law ultimately abandoned the church in search of a coherent, consistent means to understand God and their place in the world. I have shared their struggle, and while they are always warmly received at synagogue functions, they do not enjoy the same sense of community that I have enjoyed since converting to Judaism. And they have no interest in converting.

Fortunately, converting is not necessary. Everyone has a share in the world to come, and Bnai Noah have an increasingly important role to play.

Many people are finding the courage to question the mixed messages of the church, yet often remain where they no longer feel comfortable, in order to remain part of a community. I encourage you to comment and connect, and question everything. Unlike the church, Judaism teaches that challenging and questioning is essential to meaningful study. In fact, the Talmud is basically one, long, ongoing argument.

If you are new to the laws of Noah, I will be discussing them. They are the Torah's message and instructions for the non-Jew. I don't have all the answers. Fortunately, more and more rabbis are beginning to act on the need to instruct and inform non-Jews who want to learn the ways of Torah. There are wonderful online resources available. There are also online sites that are missionary sites posing as Bnai Noah. I'll dish on the imposters as I discover them.

Please come back often. Your questions and comments are important to me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so tough to find good information on being Bnai Noah. It is nearly impossible at times to determine if the source is Jewish, a true Bnai Noah, or someone of another religion attempting to "witness" to me. THANK YOU for starting this blog. I think it is a much needed breath of fresh air for those of us in search of truth.

dodi55 said...

Shalom Eliana,
I found your website. I have to say that I had considered remaining B'nai Noach once I withdrew from the church and its teachings. But my soul had been Jewish all my life and I felt as if I was betraying myself to not go through the process to become Jewish, officially. I did speak to a very nice and knowledgable man, David Davis and his wife Linda, who are B'nai Noach (when I was considering not converting). He was a Baptist(Babdist, in these parts y'all) for 17 yrs. They are in Tennnesee.
They and others are listed on this website that has much info. A nice springboard for more study.

http://webpages.charter.net/chavurathbneinoach/bnei_noach_worldwide.html

May the blessings of HaShem be upon all who visit this blog,
Dvora :-D

dodi55 said...

Let me attempt that again.
The website for a congregation
in Fort Worth, TX and
lots of resources.

http://webpages.charter.net/
chavurathbneinoach/bnei_noach_
worldwide.html